Summer is ending, and for many of us, we’re already back to a daily routine with holidays over and children back to school.
September has traditionally been a mortgage check-up month. Time to have review your mortgage, assess your current situation, see what opportunities exist, and determine if your mortgage is performing the way you want it to by asking yourself these 7 simple questions:
- What exactly is the remaining principal amount on your mortgage?
- Are you happy with how fast the principal is being paid down?
- Do the payments fit your lifestyle or are there an opportunity to either reduce the payments or increase them?
- Has anything significantly changed in your life that impacts your finances?
- Do you need to get started on any exciting renovations before the new year?
- Are there any major repairs that need to be done?
- Are you looking to get rid of some high-interest debt that’s been hanging around for too long?
I’m not here to just help you get first or second mortgages. I can help you make the most of your current mortgage and the equity you’ve built up in your home over the years. After years of tightening regulations, there seem to be more mortgage opportunities and options arising, which is great news for everyone and might make it easier to get what you want from your mortgage.
Making sense of the mortgage you have now while looking at ways to help you get what you want today and tomorrow is what we do. Email us or give us a call.